Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Monday 2 January 2012

Karri Country


Well, you just read about the amazing success of the Porongurup Cockatoo box on Jeff’s block. Are you now wondering what other cool animals are found down that way?

We did plenty of other bushwalks, foraging in leaf litter and spotlighting at night, and this gave us lots of amazing creatures to look at and photograph. This one is my favourite: a Motorbike Frog (Litoria mooreii) that Jeff and I found basking on a stick next to the walk trail up to Devil’s Slide. To see more pictures check the relevant album in the Photo Gallery.


No comments:

Post a Comment