Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Saturday 15 September 2012

The Ravens of Castlemaine


Today is my last day in Castlemaine, so I thought I’d make this short film to share one of the exciting adventures I went on during my stay. The adventure was up a tree, and the reason was to learn more about the nesting habits of the Little Raven (Corvus mellori). This is one of five species of Corvids, or members of the crow family, which are found in Australia. The nesting habits of each species, including the Australian Raven (Corvus coronoides) which lives near in the Perth area, is very similar to the this one, so hopefully you can learn lots about the corvid near you!

Enjoy the film :-)


The Ravens of Castlemaine from Simon Cherriman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment