Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Eaglets Growing Fast


It's now the season of Djilba and the beautiful wildlife in the forests surrounding my home in the Perth Hills, including our magnificent Wailitj / Wedge-tailed Eagles, are busy rearing their offspring. This means I'm out and about a lot lately, checking eagle nests and aging eaglets in preparation for the satellite-tagging season, which is almost upon us! Here is a beautiful brood of 'twin' eagles which I photographed earlier this week. Keep your eyes on the sky folks - these birds will be in the air really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment