Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Saturday 12 December 2015

Community News & Cockatoos


Last weekend we had some fantastic 'out of the ashes' good news regarding nesting Ngolyenoks or Carnaby's Cockatoos. Yesterday the Hills Gazette newspaper published these headlines, and it was so uplifting to see a positive fire-related story making the news. Click these images to enlarge and read the article.

I'd like to express my thanks to the ABC's Alex Hyman for producing a wonderful story and podcast about the morning's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment