Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Saturday 12 January 2013

Goanna Diggings


I've just got back from a few wonderful days exploring some wilderness in Western Australia's south-west, namely the Stirling Ranges, Porongurups and coastline near Albany. There were so many wonderful wildlife events that I experienced but one truly stood out above the rest.

The Rosenberg's Goanna (Varanus rosenbergi) is a formidable predator which is common among open woodlands and heathlands of the south-west. I always find it incredibly exciting to see a monitor lizard but never has one allowed me into it's personal space like this one did.

Check out the video and see if it puts a tingle down your spine too!



Closely Monitored from Simon Cherriman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment