Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Friday 16 September 2011

Raven Nestlings



A pair of Australian Ravens has this year nested in the top of a gum tree in our front yard.  I scaled the nest, which is 35m above the ground, to install a mini sports camera (GoPro) to record some of their behaviour.  The climb was exhilarating and the view from the nest spectacular.  I was even happier when I took the camera down and saw it had taken some of this footage...

No comments:

Post a Comment