Welcome to the News section of the iNSiGHT Ornithology website (https://www.simoncherriman.com.au/). This blog contains updates about various things I've been up to, interesting environmental issues and observations I make regularly while going about my day. It is designed to be fun AND educational, and inspire you about our wonderful natural world. Happy reading!

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Urban Eagle Update


I stopped to check on the Pylon Eagles’ nests late this evening and from my roadside pullover point I peered anxiously through my binoculars. I was thrilled to notice that one of the nests had a small shape on it - a sitting eagle! I scanned up to the top of one of the pylon arms and noticed another eagle perched. This means that the urban nest site is once again active, and the birds are almost certainly incubating eggs. It will be amazing to see then nest when it contains young eagles!

Feeling inspired about the capability of wildlife to adapt to this anthropomorphic landscape, I made this short film:

No comments:

Post a Comment